Owner and Head Coach
I first found CrossFit at age 40, over 100# overweight and seriously depressed. Walking in the doors was a life changing decision. Like anything worth having it’s not always easy and you get out of it what you put into it. But the community of people that surround you make all the difference in the world. We ARE better together, especially here at AKP where we are family.
I started coaching in 2010 at several area affiliates. This combined my love of teaching and helping people with my new passion. My husband and I decided we wanted to share the magic of CrossFit closer to home so we opened AKP in 2012. I love our varied community with athletes at all stages and abilities and from all over the world. Everyone is welcome and truly finds a home here regardless of your goals. Some want to become top competitive athletes, others just want to keep up with the grand-kids. We all work together to achieve our goals. I’d love to meet you and help you reach those goals!
Prior to opening AKP I taught in the Interpreting departments at Sinclair Community College and Wright State University. I worked as an interpreter, a professional harpist and chemical dependency counselor.
- CrossFit Level One Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Kids Certified Instructor
- CrossFit Mobility Intructor
- CrossFit Games Judge
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- USA Weightlifting Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- USA Weightlifting Club Coach
- USA Weightlifting Referee
- USA Weightlifting Athlete Development Course
- Catalyst Athletics Weightlifting
- BrandX Method Basic Kids Intructor
- BrandX Method Advanced Kids Instructor
- BrandX Method Kids Barbell Instructor
- FreeStyle Connection Movement
- US Olympic Committee Safe Sport Trained
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified